Back in July, XV burned his initials into DJBooth.net’s high score chart with Mirror’s Edge, the lead single off his acclaimed Everybody’s Nobody mix-album. Now, the Kansan buzzmaker’s back to build buzz for his forthcoming EN remix project with another round of free-running action. Though the differences between Seven’s‘s revamped beat and the dreamy original boardwork are somewhat subtle (this version’s rhythm is a bit more relaxed), just about everything else is brand new. Michigan’s Mike Posner heightens the spaced-out ambiance with a raspy rendition of the headliner’s original hook, and Southern icon/guest rapper extraordinaire Bun B delivers a gymnastically-flowed opener sure to turn heads in the Booth. Topped off with Chi-town emcee GLC‘s agile middle bars and a new closing verse in which the XV reveals his penchant for running across the walls of his apartment (don’t try that one at home, kids), this revamp will likely meet just as warm a reception as the original. Keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest release details on Everybody’s Nobody (We Got the Remix)!
Written by richard on 09/2/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)