In the Old Testament, the corrupt world was flooded by heavy rains for 40 days and 40 nights, while an upright Noah, his family, and two of every animal were packed away safely in an ark. In a similar situation, minus the animals and the beard, Kansas MC XV will flood the online hip-hop market with a new song every morning and every evening for… you guessed it… the next 40 days. On the first night, the Squaria native invites everyone around him to put their hands up and give him a High Five. Also daring to be different is guest artist Theophilus London, in addition to producer Seven, who takes his production work out of this world and showers High Five with a Prince-like freshness that a cliché-ridden hip-hop scene has been missing. Continue to check XV’s MySpace page and DJBooth.net to hear what the emcee plans to rain down on listeners next.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/08
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.