Smallville, Kansas wunderkind XV returns to the Booth with a creative track from his 40 Days, 40 Nights series, entitled Carmen Sandiego. So, where in the world did this Chad Hugo-produced cut come from? The answer: all over the place. Going straight “Where’s Waldo?” with cohort Harlems Cash, the Midwest maniac spits a series of pop culture references that would make Andy Warhol smirk. With a jet-pack rap style and a unique imagination, the record is a futuristic endeavor that will catch the ears of so-called ‘hipsters’ from sea to shining sea. In the end it’s very simple for this Planet Squaria superstar; originality + quality board work = crazy results.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/15/08
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.