Smallville, Kansas wunderkind XV returns to the Booth with a creative track from his 40 Days, 40 Nights series, entitled Carmen Sandiego. So, where in the world did this Chad Hugo-produced cut come from? The answer: all over the place. Going straight “Where’s Waldo?” with cohort Harlems Cash, the Midwest maniac spits a series of pop culture references that would make Andy Warhol smirk. With a jet-pack rap style and a unique imagination, the record is a futuristic endeavor that will catch the ears of so-called ‘hipsters’ from sea to shining sea. In the end it’s very simple for this Planet Squaria superstar; originality + quality board work = crazy results.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/15/08
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.