Smallville, Kansas wunderkind XV returns to the Booth with a creative track from his 40 Days, 40 Nights series, entitled Carmen Sandiego. So, where in the world did this Chad Hugo-produced cut come from? The answer: all over the place. Going straight “Where’s Waldo?” with cohort Harlems Cash, the Midwest maniac spits a series of pop culture references that would make Andy Warhol smirk. With a jet-pack rap style and a unique imagination, the record is a futuristic endeavor that will catch the ears of so-called ‘hipsters’ from sea to shining sea. In the end it’s very simple for this Planet Squaria superstar; originality + quality board work = crazy results.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/15/08
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.