Smallville, Kansas wunderkind XV returns to the Booth with a creative track from his 40 Days, 40 Nights series, entitled Carmen Sandiego. So, where in the world did this Chad Hugo-produced cut come from? The answer: all over the place. Going straight “Where’s Waldo?” with cohort Harlems Cash, the Midwest maniac spits a series of pop culture references that would make Andy Warhol smirk. With a jet-pack rap style and a unique imagination, the record is a futuristic endeavor that will catch the ears of so-called ‘hipsters’ from sea to shining sea. In the end it’s very simple for this Planet Squaria superstar; originality + quality board work = crazy results.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/15/08
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.