Smallville, Kansas wunderkind XV returns to the Booth with a creative track from his 40 Days, 40 Nights series, entitled Carmen Sandiego. So, where in the world did this Chad Hugo-produced cut come from? The answer: all over the place. Going straight “Where’s Waldo?” with cohort Harlems Cash, the Midwest maniac spits a series of pop culture references that would make Andy Warhol smirk. With a jet-pack rap style and a unique imagination, the record is a futuristic endeavor that will catch the ears of so-called ‘hipsters’ from sea to shining sea. In the end it’s very simple for this Planet Squaria superstar; originality + quality board work = crazy results.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/15/08
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.