There are quite a few ways for listeners to get their music “fix” nowadays, ranging from traditional means like radio, CDs and once-in-a-blue-moon music videos on BET or MTV to newer sensations like satellite radio, mp3 players and DJBooth.net. One form, however, that seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur is the cassette tape. In honor of its passing, Kansas rapper XV is gathering us all together to pay our final respects and share memories at the Funeral of the Tape Deck. As guest eulogist Donny Goines waxes nostalgic about the ‘80s hip hop scene, DJ Premier plays a hymn in the background reminiscent of early-‘90s Mobb Deep. While he is a futuristic-minded emcee, he clearly hasn’t forgotten where he came from. Funeral of the Tape Deck is from the 11th morning of XV’s 40 Days, 40 Nights series.
Written by Burmy on 09/29/08
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)