Wichita’s XV shines hard on new single Finally Home, featuring Machine Gun Kelly and produced by Cook Classics, who let airy synths wash over celebratory drums as the DJBooth Freestyle alum basks in his own glory. Lyrically the recently-signed Kansan fills his verses with braggadocio, while also hinting at what he has in store: “We goin’ up, you comin’ better grab my arm / To the place I ran, I’m the black Saddam.” Your guess is as good as mine on the Saddam line, but nevertheless it’s a clever play on words. Coming in later on Home is Cleveland’s MGK who spits similar material, waving “bye to street lights and ‘I can’t eat’ nights.” From the writing to Cook Classics’ splashy beat, which combine to make a real triumphant record, everything works here, putting you in that Roc Boys mode. When I’m sitting on my yacht, I’ll be bumping this for sure. And if that doesn’t work out (it won’t) then I’ll rock the sh*t out of a canoe. What’s the difference right? No word on any attached project yet - keep it locked.
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.