Wichita’s XV shines hard on new single Finally Home, featuring Machine Gun Kelly and produced by Cook Classics, who let airy synths wash over celebratory drums as the DJBooth Freestyle alum basks in his own glory. Lyrically the recently-signed Kansan fills his verses with braggadocio, while also hinting at what he has in store: “We goin’ up, you comin’ better grab my arm / To the place I ran, I’m the black Saddam.” Your guess is as good as mine on the Saddam line, but nevertheless it’s a clever play on words. Coming in later on Home is Cleveland’s MGK who spits similar material, waving “bye to street lights and ‘I can’t eat’ nights.” From the writing to Cook Classics’ splashy beat, which combine to make a real triumphant record, everything works here, putting you in that Roc Boys mode. When I’m sitting on my yacht, I’ll be bumping this for sure. And if that doesn’t work out (it won’t) then I’ll rock the sh*t out of a canoe. What’s the difference right? No word on any attached project yet - keep it locked.
Written by CourtlandHH on 02/23/11
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.