Wichita’s XV shines hard on new single Finally Home, featuring Machine Gun Kelly and produced by Cook Classics, who let airy synths wash over celebratory drums as the DJBooth Freestyle alum basks in his own glory. Lyrically the recently-signed Kansan fills his verses with braggadocio, while also hinting at what he has in store: “We goin’ up, you comin’ better grab my arm / To the place I ran, I’m the black Saddam.” Your guess is as good as mine on the Saddam line, but nevertheless it’s a clever play on words. Coming in later on Home is Cleveland’s MGK who spits similar material, waving “bye to street lights and ‘I can’t eat’ nights.” From the writing to Cook Classics’ splashy beat, which combine to make a real triumphant record, everything works here, putting you in that Roc Boys mode. When I’m sitting on my yacht, I’ll be bumping this for sure. And if that doesn’t work out (it won’t) then I’ll rock the sh*t out of a canoe. What’s the difference right? No word on any attached project yet - keep it locked.
Written by CourtlandHH on 02/23/11
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.