Wichita’s XV shines hard on new single Finally Home, featuring Machine Gun Kelly and produced by Cook Classics, who let airy synths wash over celebratory drums as the DJBooth Freestyle alum basks in his own glory. Lyrically the recently-signed Kansan fills his verses with braggadocio, while also hinting at what he has in store: “We goin’ up, you comin’ better grab my arm / To the place I ran, I’m the black Saddam.” Your guess is as good as mine on the Saddam line, but nevertheless it’s a clever play on words. Coming in later on Home is Cleveland’s MGK who spits similar material, waving “bye to street lights and ‘I can’t eat’ nights.” From the writing to Cook Classics’ splashy beat, which combine to make a real triumphant record, everything works here, putting you in that Roc Boys mode. When I’m sitting on my yacht, I’ll be bumping this for sure. And if that doesn’t work out (it won’t) then I’ll rock the sh*t out of a canoe. What’s the difference right? No word on any attached project yet - keep it locked.
Written by CourtlandHH on 02/23/11
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.