Later today, Square Bound Music/Warner Bros. rhymesayer XV will be unleashing his 4:15 Mixtape Anthology, a project compiling highlights off each of his street albums to date, as well as four previously-unreleased cuts. One of the aforementioned bonus inclusions is C3PO, an unfinished/unmixed record originally slated for inclusion on the artist’s recent Popular Culture tape, but ultimately scrapped due to its similarity in concept to Trinidad James’ All Gold Everything. Making its world premiere on our front page, the cut sees Vizzy showing off his shiny gold accoutrements over a clattering trap instrumental by TNGHT (featured as Easy Easy on the beat crew’s self-titled EP, and used on Lay It Down, a bonus track off the deluxe edition of Lil Wayne‘s I Am Not a Human Being II). Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop XV’s latest street release when it hits the ‘net at—you guessed it—4:15 PM, EST.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.