Later today, Square Bound Music/Warner Bros. rhymesayer XV will be unleashing his 4:15 Mixtape Anthology, a project compiling highlights off each of his street albums to date, as well as four previously-unreleased cuts. One of the aforementioned bonus inclusions is C3PO, an unfinished/unmixed record originally slated for inclusion on the artist’s recent Popular Culture tape, but ultimately scrapped due to its similarity in concept to Trinidad James’ All Gold Everything. Making its world premiere on our front page, the cut sees Vizzy showing off his shiny gold accoutrements over a clattering trap instrumental by TNGHT (featured as Easy Easy on the beat crew’s self-titled EP, and used on Lay It Down, a bonus track off the deluxe edition of Lil Wayne‘s I Am Not a Human Being II). Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop XV’s latest street release when it hits the ‘net at—you guessed it—4:15 PM, EST.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.