I never thought I’d find myself comparing XV to classic-rocker Huey Lewis, but the two musicians agree on at least one thing: it’s hip to be square. On mixtape standout Be There Be Square, the spacefaring Wichita representative reminisces over the numerous phases he passed through—from his bubble-goose clad, Biggie—before finally embracing what sets him apart and forging his own brand of cool. The moral? “Set out to be something, not someone; they’ll figure you out.” Chiddy Bang beatsmith Xaphoon Jones crafts a a dreamy synth instrumental to back Vizzy’s artistic coming-of-age story. For this cut and much more, check out Squarians Vol. 1, released last Friday and downloadable right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Fresh off the June release of his Popular Culture street album, Wichita spitter and longtime DJBooth favorite XV has dropped another full-length collection of original material (along with a handful of freestyles). Preceded...
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.