What’s got two thumbs and knows how to spit rhymes? No, it’s not this guy—I’m probably only marginally better at spitting rhymes than your four-year-old sister. It’s that guy; you know, the guy whose name is at the top of this entry next to the word “Awesome.” Previously included on this year’s Zeros Heroes mixtape but revamped for use as the title track and latest single off XV‘s next EP, this upbeat jam finds frequent Vizzy collaborator Seven layering radiant keyboard riffs over an exuberant rhythm section as the Wichita-repping Booth fave fills us in on just how f*cking fantastic he’s doing. When he’s not talking himself up, he finds time to drop references to pop-cultural touchstones from The Wayans Bros. and Full House to Death Proof and Dragonball Z. Pusha T guests, telling us just how great he’s feeling about his budding solo career on the back: “My solo discography, I’m building it / Now every time you hit spacebar, I’m killin’ it.” Digging it? Fans can find this cut and four more fresh records (including another Zero Heroesinclusion, Swervin) on XV’s Awesome EP, scheduled to drop this November.
Written by richard on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.