What’s got two thumbs and knows how to spit rhymes? No, it’s not this guy—I’m probably only marginally better at spitting rhymes than your four-year-old sister. It’s that guy; you know, the guy whose name is at the top of this entry next to the word “Awesome.” Previously included on this year’s Zeros Heroes mixtape but revamped for use as the title track and latest single off XV‘s next EP, this upbeat jam finds frequent Vizzy collaborator Seven layering radiant keyboard riffs over an exuberant rhythm section as the Wichita-repping Booth fave fills us in on just how f*cking fantastic he’s doing. When he’s not talking himself up, he finds time to drop references to pop-cultural touchstones from The Wayans Bros. and Full House to Death Proof and Dragonball Z. Pusha T guests, telling us just how great he’s feeling about his budding solo career on the back: “My solo discography, I’m building it / Now every time you hit spacebar, I’m killin’ it.” Digging it? Fans can find this cut and four more fresh records (including another Zero Heroesinclusion, Swervin) on XV’s Awesome EP, scheduled to drop this November.
Written by richard on 10/10/11
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)