In today’s rap game, a slight case of A.D.D. may not be as much of a hindrance as you’d think—judging by the way many of today’s most acclaimed emcees jump from topic to tangentially-related topic, it seems like more of a prerequisite for success. Booth favorite XV, for one, holds his short attention span as a point of pride, and on the newly-released lead single off debut album The Kid With The Green Backpack, he and producer Seven join forces to make sure nobody in the spot will be able to sit still. A.D.D.‘s supernaturally crisp electro-funk groove is a far cry from, say, the more mellow instrumental Seven served up on mixtape title track Everybody’s Nobody, but proves a perfect backdrop for XV’s scatterbrained flow. Featuring a robotic intro and body-moving hook that are almost too catchy, this bracing, propulsive record is sure to leave inattentive hip-hop-lovers everywhere (myself included) itching for more. Green Backpack, produced entirely by Seven, is slated for release this summer; in the meantime, stay tuned for the Everybody’s Nobody mixtape, due out soon.
Listen to More: XV
Written by richard on 03/31/09
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.