In today’s rap game, a slight case of A.D.D. may not be as much of a hindrance as you’d think—judging by the way many of today’s most acclaimed emcees jump from topic to tangentially-related topic, it seems like more of a prerequisite for success. Booth favorite XV, for one, holds his short attention span as a point of pride, and on the newly-released lead single off debut album The Kid With The Green Backpack, he and producer Seven join forces to make sure nobody in the spot will be able to sit still. A.D.D.‘s supernaturally crisp electro-funk groove is a far cry from, say, the more mellow instrumental Seven served up on mixtape title track Everybody’s Nobody, but proves a perfect backdrop for XV’s scatterbrained flow. Featuring a robotic intro and body-moving hook that are almost too catchy, this bracing, propulsive record is sure to leave inattentive hip-hop-lovers everywhere (myself included) itching for more. Green Backpack, produced entirely by Seven, is slated for release this summer; in the meantime, stay tuned for the Everybody’s Nobody mixtape, due out soon.
Written by richard on 03/31/09
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.