In today’s rap game, a slight case of A.D.D. may not be as much of a hindrance as you’d think—judging by the way many of today’s most acclaimed emcees jump from topic to tangentially-related topic, it seems like more of a prerequisite for success. Booth favorite XV, for one, holds his short attention span as a point of pride, and on the newly-released lead single off debut album The Kid With The Green Backpack, he and producer Seven join forces to make sure nobody in the spot will be able to sit still. A.D.D.‘s supernaturally crisp electro-funk groove is a far cry from, say, the more mellow instrumental Seven served up on mixtape title track Everybody’s Nobody, but proves a perfect backdrop for XV’s scatterbrained flow. Featuring a robotic intro and body-moving hook that are almost too catchy, this bracing, propulsive record is sure to leave inattentive hip-hop-lovers everywhere (myself included) itching for more. Green Backpack, produced entirely by Seven, is slated for release this summer; in the meantime, stay tuned for the Everybody’s Nobody mixtape, due out soon.
Listen to More: XV
Written by richard on 03/31/09
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)