In honor of reaching 30k followers on Twitter a couple days ago XV dropped thank you single 30,000 (Feet Up In The Sky), featuring Vizzy going in on The Awesome Sound‘s tweek on Mt. Eden Dubstep’s Sierra Leone (follow that?). The dubstep meets hip-hop sound is usually hit or miss for me - what with all the distorted sounds and sounds variations that can stand alone without wordy raps - but The Kansan sounds natural on this one. He reflects on where he was and where he’s at now, his hopes and his dopeness, and he does so while still managing to switch up his cadences and flow; he even switches up with the beat at times. Guess he had to show out a little for his followers. As for those who don’t f**k with Vizzy, I’m sure he’s got that “30,000 feet up and you are not invited” mentality. How about the Booth? Y’all flyin’ with XV on this joint?
Written by Adeshola Adigun on 06/21/11
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.