2011, I can already feel it. This is going to be a year of great mixtapes, better albums (De-tox, De-tox!), and probably very little Soulja Boy (go ahead and say that out loud, it feels great). Leading off the New Year is an artist with serious makings of breaking through in the next 365 and beyond, XV. 2015, his latest record, is a promise of great things to come with his staple flow and creative lyrics. Backed by constant-collaborator Seven, the Kansas emcee rides a fast-paced beat to drop some futuristic content that matches both the year Marty McFly first traveled to the future, and the year the man from Squaria will finally be considered part of hip-hop’s elite (hopefully). I seriously doubt that we’ll have to wait that long for XV to come into the limelight, but until then we can have the great pleasure of listening to some dope music from the man. While there is no project attached to this record, be sure to keep it locked in to your local DJBooth for more soothsaying and lyrical bomb spraying from inside the Vizzy Zone.
Written by Sigurd on 01/2/11
Submit your Rating
Square Bound Music/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Got It ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.