With everyone in Florida talking about how “real” their music is, authenticity can be hard to find. Twenty-year-old rapper/songwriter Xplicit, who has had three previous records featured at the Booth, hopes that his version of “real” rings true to listeners on his new single, Ms. Robot. Producer Issac Opus gives the Hialeah born lyricist an Ayo Technology-inspired cut, which, despite fitting with the song’s theme, leaves Xplicit sounding like an analog rapper trapped in the digital matrix. Ms. Robot may be full of creativity, but does it find the Miami-based rapper leaning a little too much on the “breath of fresh air” card? In the end, it will be for the listeners to decide how real Xplicit really is.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You ft. Pleasure P" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.