With everyone in Florida talking about how “real” their music is, authenticity can be hard to find. Twenty-year-old rapper/songwriter Xplicit, who has had three previous records featured at the Booth, hopes that his version of “real” rings true to listeners on his new single, Ms. Robot. Producer Issac Opus gives the Hialeah born lyricist an Ayo Technology-inspired cut, which, despite fitting with the song’s theme, leaves Xplicit sounding like an analog rapper trapped in the digital matrix. Ms. Robot may be full of creativity, but does it find the Miami-based rapper leaning a little too much on the “breath of fresh air” card? In the end, it will be for the listeners to decide how real Xplicit really is.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You ft. Pleasure P" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!