With everyone in Florida talking about how “real” their music is, authenticity can be hard to find. Twenty-year-old rapper/songwriter Xplicit, who has had three previous records featured at the Booth, hopes that his version of “real” rings true to listeners on his new single, Ms. Robot. Producer Issac Opus gives the Hialeah born lyricist an Ayo Technology-inspired cut, which, despite fitting with the song’s theme, leaves Xplicit sounding like an analog rapper trapped in the digital matrix. Ms. Robot may be full of creativity, but does it find the Miami-based rapper leaning a little too much on the “breath of fresh air” card? In the end, it will be for the listeners to decide how real Xplicit really is.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You ft. Pleasure P" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.