With everyone in Florida talking about how “real” their music is, authenticity can be hard to find. Twenty-year-old rapper/songwriter Xplicit, who has had three previous records featured at the Booth, hopes that his version of “real” rings true to listeners on his new single, Ms. Robot. Producer Issac Opus gives the Hialeah born lyricist an Ayo Technology-inspired cut, which, despite fitting with the song’s theme, leaves Xplicit sounding like an analog rapper trapped in the digital matrix. Ms. Robot may be full of creativity, but does it find the Miami-based rapper leaning a little too much on the “breath of fresh air” card? In the end, it will be for the listeners to decide how real Xplicit really is.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/7/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You ft. Pleasure P" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)