Although Xplicit‘s I Want You with Pleasure P was a hit on the DJBooth, several felt it was also a curse because of the typical “feature outshining the artist” syndrome. Fortunately, Erik Vick is not nearly as well-known, so the 19-year old Miami prodigy snagged Erik up for his newest single, We Belong Together. Not to be confused with Mariah‘s ‘05 megahit of the same name, Xplicit and Erik have more in common with T-Pain‘s breakout hit, admitting they’re in love with a stripper (and “belong together”). Once again, Midus delivers a golden touch with the beat, so while the gift is the same as I Want You, there isn’t as big of a curse. Then again, who knows? Maybe in a while we’ll be featuring Erik Vick solo joints on DJBooth?
Written by Burmy on 03/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want You ft. Pleasure P" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.