What do you get when you mix Adele with The Beatles, and marinate that combo in a savory sauce of contemporary hip-hop? Frankly, I don’t have the slightest idea—but, according to the Los Angeles singer/songwriter/producer’s self-description on Facebook, that’s what xlsrebelsx is trying to achieve with his debut solo EP. Whether or not he manages to pull off that formidable feat of musical alchemy, the results are bound to be interesting, and new single Sinnaman is a case in point. Here, the headliner showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer T-Nasty to craft a ramshackle blues backdrop (complete with children’s choir) for his irreverent, carnival barker-esque vocal performance. West Coast emcee/producer Blu lends his left-of-center lyricism to the middle verse. If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll be able to cop Sinnaman tomorrow as part of xlsrebelsx’s debut EP, Desire. In the meantime, you can click here to view an EPK for the project’s lead single, Hey Chicc.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.