What do you get when you mix Adele with The Beatles, and marinate that combo in a savory sauce of contemporary hip-hop? Frankly, I don’t have the slightest idea—but, according to the Los Angeles singer/songwriter/producer’s self-description on Facebook, that’s what xlsrebelsx is trying to achieve with his debut solo EP. Whether or not he manages to pull off that formidable feat of musical alchemy, the results are bound to be interesting, and new single Sinnaman is a case in point. Here, the headliner showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer T-Nasty to craft a ramshackle blues backdrop (complete with children’s choir) for his irreverent, carnival barker-esque vocal performance. West Coast emcee/producer Blu lends his left-of-center lyricism to the middle verse. If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll be able to cop Sinnaman tomorrow as part of xlsrebelsx’s debut EP, Desire. In the meantime, you can click here to view an EPK for the project’s lead single, Hey Chicc.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.