What do you get when you mix Adele with The Beatles, and marinate that combo in a savory sauce of contemporary hip-hop? Frankly, I don’t have the slightest idea—but, according to the Los Angeles singer/songwriter/producer’s self-description on Facebook, that’s what xlsrebelsx is trying to achieve with his debut solo EP. Whether or not he manages to pull off that formidable feat of musical alchemy, the results are bound to be interesting, and new single Sinnaman is a case in point. Here, the headliner showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with co-producer T-Nasty to craft a ramshackle blues backdrop (complete with children’s choir) for his irreverent, carnival barker-esque vocal performance. West Coast emcee/producer Blu lends his left-of-center lyricism to the middle verse. If you like what you’re hearing, you’ll be able to cop Sinnaman tomorrow as part of xlsrebelsx’s debut EP, Desire. In the meantime, you can click here to view an EPK for the project’s lead single, Hey Chicc.
Written by richard on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.