As I learned in Sunday School, “exodus” is Ancient Greek for peacing out of an intolerable situation. Given the etymology of his stage name, it’s no surprise that Washington Heights, NYC rhymesayer X O D U S occasionally entertains thoughts of packing up and starting fresh somewhere new. His latest single and first DJBooth feature, Go Away, depicts the Dominican-American emcee in his teenage years, struggling with a poisonous cocktail of depression and romantic anguish. Over Paulie Monster‘s downbeat instrumental, which emphasizes the artist’s pain via sampled screams, X O D U S laments his inability to escape from thoughts of a certain woman, and wonders whether a drastic change of scenery might be the answer to his woes. Has this dark, introspective selection piqued your interest? If so, watch our pages for further details on X O D U S’ next project, which as yet lacks a title and release date.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
Color Me Different
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.