Next Tuesday Wyclef Jean will release his new studio album, The Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant. The album is his first since 2003’s Preacher’s Son and the follow-up to his ’97 smash debut, The Carnival. In a ten year span Wyclef will have released six studio albums, and for those counting at home, that is one consistent work load. On the new song, Slow Down, Clef talks about the speed at which we live our lives, and with the assistance of the house-arrested T.I., reminds us all to stop and think before making decisions. While the guest feature on Slow Down may seem a bit ironic, the recording was completed following T.I.‘s arrest, jailing and preliminary hearing. Despite being unable to adhere to the significance of the song, T.I. will at least benefit from the opportunity to contribute to quality music.
Written by DJ Z on 11/26/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.