Next Tuesday Wyclef Jean will release his new studio album, The Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant. The album is his first since 2003’s Preacher’s Son and the follow-up to his ’97 smash debut, The Carnival. In a ten year span Wyclef will have released six studio albums, and for those counting at home, that is one consistent work load. On the new song, Slow Down, Clef talks about the speed at which we live our lives, and with the assistance of the house-arrested T.I., reminds us all to stop and think before making decisions. While the guest feature on Slow Down may seem a bit ironic, the recording was completed following T.I.‘s arrest, jailing and preliminary hearing. Despite being unable to adhere to the significance of the song, T.I. will at least benefit from the opportunity to contribute to quality music.
Written by DJ Z on 11/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.