Next Tuesday Wyclef Jean will release his new studio album, The Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant. The album is his first since 2003’s Preacher’s Son and the follow-up to his ’97 smash debut, The Carnival. In a ten year span Wyclef will have released six studio albums, and for those counting at home, that is one consistent work load. On the new song, Slow Down, Clef talks about the speed at which we live our lives, and with the assistance of the house-arrested T.I., reminds us all to stop and think before making decisions. While the guest feature on Slow Down may seem a bit ironic, the recording was completed following T.I.‘s arrest, jailing and preliminary hearing. Despite being unable to adhere to the significance of the song, T.I. will at least benefit from the opportunity to contribute to quality music.
Written by DJ Z on 11/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.