Next Tuesday Wyclef Jean will release his new studio album, The Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant. The album is his first since 2003’s Preacher’s Son and the follow-up to his ’97 smash debut, The Carnival. In a ten year span Wyclef will have released six studio albums, and for those counting at home, that is one consistent work load. On the new song, Slow Down, Clef talks about the speed at which we live our lives, and with the assistance of the house-arrested T.I., reminds us all to stop and think before making decisions. While the guest feature on Slow Down may seem a bit ironic, the recording was completed following T.I.‘s arrest, jailing and preliminary hearing. Despite being unable to adhere to the significance of the song, T.I. will at least benefit from the opportunity to contribute to quality music.
Written by DJ Z on 11/26/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.