This past December, Wyclef released his latest album, Carnival Vol. II: Memoirs of an Immigrant. In roughly under four full months, the album has only sold a quarter of a million copies, but it has received acclaim from many outlets and spawned the hit single, Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill). Following the release of the Paul Simon assisted Fast Car, Wyclef has sent a new remix our way, this time featuring a verse from Lupe Fiasco and amped-up production from long-time collaborator, Jerry “Wonder” Duplesis. While an acoustic version would probably be a more vintage Clef experience, the marriage of two talented lyricists (over impressive production) might help the album sell a few more copies.
Written by DJ Z on 03/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.