This past December, Wyclef released his latest album, Carnival Vol. II: Memoirs of an Immigrant. In roughly under four full months, the album has only sold a quarter of a million copies, but it has received acclaim from many outlets and spawned the hit single, Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill). Following the release of the Paul Simon assisted Fast Car, Wyclef has sent a new remix our way, this time featuring a verse from Lupe Fiasco and amped-up production from long-time collaborator, Jerry “Wonder” Duplesis. While an acoustic version would probably be a more vintage Clef experience, the marriage of two talented lyricists (over impressive production) might help the album sell a few more copies.
Written by DJ Z on 03/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.