It’s only fitting that since Wyclef ‘borrowed’ from the classic Wu-Tang song C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me) for his new hit single, Sweetest Girl, the remix would include a member from the Clan. Fresh out of the studio, Raekwon jumps aboard and spits a strong 16 bars. Interpolations of the original C.R.E.A.M. beat (produced by RZA) is the standout difference, as Akon and Lil’ Wayne don’t change a thing from their original contributions. Wyclef’s new album The Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant is set to drop this November.
Written by DJ Z on 09/12/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.