It’s only fitting that since Wyclef ‘borrowed’ from the classic Wu-Tang song C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me) for his new hit single, Sweetest Girl, the remix would include a member from the Clan. Fresh out of the studio, Raekwon jumps aboard and spits a strong 16 bars. Interpolations of the original C.R.E.A.M. beat (produced by RZA) is the standout difference, as Akon and Lil’ Wayne don’t change a thing from their original contributions. Wyclef’s new album The Carnival II: Memoirs of an Immigrant is set to drop this November.
Written by DJ Z on 09/12/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.