We’ve seen Schwarzenegger and even ex-wrestler Jesse Ventura become governors, but a celebrity running for president is completely uncharted territory, especially for a musician. Wyclef Jean, a native of Haiti and founding father of The (re)Fugees, decided to do just that last week when he announced that he was running for office in Haiti. Torn apart by poverty and a massive earthquake, we can only hope Wyclef would be as good for Haiti as he has been for hip-hop over the last decade. Luckily, for now, Wyclef is still making records; records like the reggae soaked Delilah. Infused with dancehall and reggae sounds courtesy of Clef himself, Wyclef and guest singer Barrington Levy, known to many hip-hoppers for Shyne’s debut single Bad Boys, team up on for a mellow jam that’s not only perfect for a summer block party, but will officially scare every man in the world from ever dating a woman named Delilah again. In addition to an impending presidential campaign, Wyclef’s also working on his new album, the aptly named The Haitian Experience, which currently has no release date.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)