We’ve seen Schwarzenegger and even ex-wrestler Jesse Ventura become governors, but a celebrity running for president is completely uncharted territory, especially for a musician. Wyclef Jean, a native of Haiti and founding father of The (re)Fugees, decided to do just that last week when he announced that he was running for office in Haiti. Torn apart by poverty and a massive earthquake, we can only hope Wyclef would be as good for Haiti as he has been for hip-hop over the last decade. Luckily, for now, Wyclef is still making records; records like the reggae soaked Delilah. Infused with dancehall and reggae sounds courtesy of Clef himself, Wyclef and guest singer Barrington Levy, known to many hip-hoppers for Shyne’s debut single Bad Boys, team up on for a mellow jam that’s not only perfect for a summer block party, but will officially scare every man in the world from ever dating a woman named Delilah again. In addition to an impending presidential campaign, Wyclef’s also working on his new album, the aptly named The Haitian Experience, which currently has no release date.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.