We’ve seen Schwarzenegger and even ex-wrestler Jesse Ventura become governors, but a celebrity running for president is completely uncharted territory, especially for a musician. Wyclef Jean, a native of Haiti and founding father of The (re)Fugees, decided to do just that last week when he announced that he was running for office in Haiti. Torn apart by poverty and a massive earthquake, we can only hope Wyclef would be as good for Haiti as he has been for hip-hop over the last decade. Luckily, for now, Wyclef is still making records; records like the reggae soaked Delilah. Infused with dancehall and reggae sounds courtesy of Clef himself, Wyclef and guest singer Barrington Levy, known to many hip-hoppers for Shyne’s debut single Bad Boys, team up on for a mellow jam that’s not only perfect for a summer block party, but will officially scare every man in the world from ever dating a woman named Delilah again. In addition to an impending presidential campaign, Wyclef’s also working on his new album, the aptly named The Haitian Experience, which currently has no release date.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.