In the wake of the tragic events unfolding in Haiti, Wyclef Jean has emerged as a leading advocate for aid to Haiti’s people, so it’s not surprising that he’s put his sizable musical talents to work on Hold On (Crossroads). An epically ambitious track produced by Wayne Wilkins, who expertly fills the song with symphonic strings that never slip into cliché, Hold On is more than just a track dedicated to Haiti – and Haitian rapper Jimmy O, who perished in the quake – it’s a plea to everyone struggling everywhere not to give up hope, a plea that’s brought to life by Wyclef’s strong presence, as well as vocal back-up by Mavado (who we last heard teaming up with Hova for On the Rock). A great message is important, but when combined with great music it’s an extremely powerful combination. Hold On isn’t part of a larger project (yet) but we urge you to help the people of Haiti by donating to the charity of your choice, or by downloading DJBooth’s Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief charity album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.