In the wake of the tragic events unfolding in Haiti, Wyclef Jean has emerged as a leading advocate for aid to Haiti’s people, so it’s not surprising that he’s put his sizable musical talents to work on Hold On (Crossroads). An epically ambitious track produced by Wayne Wilkins, who expertly fills the song with symphonic strings that never slip into cliché, Hold On is more than just a track dedicated to Haiti – and Haitian rapper Jimmy O, who perished in the quake – it’s a plea to everyone struggling everywhere not to give up hope, a plea that’s brought to life by Wyclef’s strong presence, as well as vocal back-up by Mavado (who we last heard teaming up with Hova for On the Rock). A great message is important, but when combined with great music it’s an extremely powerful combination. Hold On isn’t part of a larger project (yet) but we urge you to help the people of Haiti by donating to the charity of your choice, or by downloading DJBooth’s Rhymes & Rhythm for Relief charity album.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.