Though Booth readers and staff appreciated the brutal honesty Wyclef Jean brought to his last mixtape single, February’s Mid Life Crisis, his self-examination ultimately failed to strike a chord, and the record won lukewarm-to-cold reviews on our pages. On the newly-released follow-up, the Fugees alum shifts his gaze back toward the outside world—specifically, the streets of Chicago, where the “Bang Bang Bang” of firearms has become the soundtrack to many residents’ everyday lives. Here, ‘Clef’s own stripped-down acoustic guitar strums serve as backdrop for verses lamenting the high costs of poverty and violence. On the back, he offers a simple prescription for change: “Wanna get the blood out they eyes?... Show the youth love.” For this poignant jam and many more where it came from, check out Wyclef’s April Showers street album, released today for free digital download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dangerous ft. Wyclef" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.