President Obama isn’t the only Hawaiian making waves. Earning a DJBooth feature for the first time, which is basically (ahem) the same honor as being President, is fellow native Wun. Originally hailing from the island, Wun currently resides in Texas, which might explain his unique sound. In order to make a Splash on his Booth debut, Wun calls upon Veterano to craft a breezy production with a hint of Southern spice. On the hook, Wun pays homage to his Hawaiian roots with the line “Riding to that H.I. sound,” but, like the beat, Wun and guests Fortilive combine crisp flows with a laidback yet gritty southern style to make this track an interesting listen. Wun’s self-titled, forthcoming EP is due out in January. If Fortilive got your attention, then be sure to check out their Small Pro collaboration project, The I Vs. I Remix LP, hosted on DJBooth last year.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/14/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.