When you listen to new material from a group or artist that you admired, let’s say in 1993, listener reaction is usually based on one of two possibilities: a throwback to the previous year or a sound comparable to the current day in age. For Wu-Tang fans who nervously await their much-anticipated return album, 8 Diagrams, there is hesitation and anxiety; listeners want to hear new material as if it were left off the classic Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). On the track Take It Back, the title lending to a dead giveaway, there no longer should be any worries. Produced by Easy Mo Bee and (of course) RZA, the old school cut features Raekwon, Inspectah Deck, Ghostface and U-God all spitting verses and Method Man joining along for the hook. 8 Diagrams is currently set to be released on December 11th off SRC/Universal Motown.
Written by DJ Z on 10/23/07
Submit your Rating
Stone Temple Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Heart Gently Weaps ft. Erykah Badu" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.