Ever since it was revealed that the Wu Tang Clan would be dropping a comeback LP, lovers of hip-hop (including those who work at The DJBooth) having been Keeping a close Watch for new material off the set. I’m very happy to announce that the lead single has been sighted. While DJ Mathematics‘s soul-infused instrumental is a little more laid-back than your archetypical Wu Tang fare, it has a throwback feel that ‘90s heads will appreciate, and the Staten Island crew attack the beat with their trademark grit and energy. Tightly-wound 16s from Method Man, Inspektah Deck and Cappadonna lead up to a knotty, metaphysically-themed closing verse by GZA. Brooklyn crooner Nathaniel complements their bars with a self-assured sung hook. While currently unscheduled, A Better Tomorrow can be pre-ordered now from Wu-Tang’s official site. As always, fans can watch our front page for further news and song releases.
Written by richard on 03/19/14
Submit your Rating
Stone Temple Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Heart Gently Weaps ft. Erykah Badu" (2007)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.