Remember Andrew Kelley, the A&R/producer who hooked up with The DJBooth to drop Raekwon remix LP Dope on the Table in late 2011? Well, he’s still in the business of revamping joints by Wu-Tang affiliates, and one of his creations is a bonus cut on the US iTunes version of Wu-Block‘s self-titled debut, as well as being featured on all international physical editions. On this rendition of the record, which originally featured a raw, boom-bap instrumental by Frank Duke, Kelley’s sliced and diced soul samples imbue Ghostface, Sheek Louch and guest contributor Inspektah Deck‘s bars with a looser, more conversational vibe. DJ Mekalek assists behind the wheels of steel. Better than the original? As always, that’s for you to decide. You can own both versions of the cut by copping Wu-Block (the album), out on iTunes as of this past Tuesday.
Written by richard on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Union Square" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.