Remember Andrew Kelley, the A&R/producer who hooked up with The DJBooth to drop Raekwon remix LP Dope on the Table in late 2011? Well, he’s still in the business of revamping joints by Wu-Tang affiliates, and one of his creations is a bonus cut on the US iTunes version of Wu-Block‘s self-titled debut, as well as being featured on all international physical editions. On this rendition of the record, which originally featured a raw, boom-bap instrumental by Frank Duke, Kelley’s sliced and diced soul samples imbue Ghostface, Sheek Louch and guest contributor Inspektah Deck‘s bars with a looser, more conversational vibe. DJ Mekalek assists behind the wheels of steel. Better than the original? As always, that’s for you to decide. You can own both versions of the cut by copping Wu-Block (the album), out on iTunes as of this past Tuesday.
Written by richard on 11/30/12
Wu Tang member Ghostface Killah and D-Block's Sheek Louch, together known as Wu-Block, have unleashed their self-titled collaborative debut. The 16-track project comes heralded by lead single "Stick Em" and Booth-featured cut...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Union Square" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.