About a month after releasing the conceptual Booth Shot Lincoln, AMG’s Willie the Kid is back, this time with a gritty, sample-based record called F*cking Toxic. Over booming drums and a vicious guitar riff provided by Lee Bannon, Willie spits an all-out stream of consciousness flow, pretty much going wherever his crazy rhymes take him. Check the impossible transition: “the game lookin’ edible enjoyin’ every morsel / of course keep it coarse like pubic hair, brillo pad / blowin’ through this paper, memo pad.” One can only applaud. Next is the Alchemist, contributing an equally flow-tastic verse that resembles a really long and angry run-on sentence (try to find where he takes a breath, I couldn’t). The flows in Toxic are relentless and possibly migraine-inducing (in a good way) although at times it feels like they just picked up a rhyming dictionary and started picking at random. Still, a promising peek into what Willie has in store for 2011. Those who enjoy the Michigan emcee’s rapid fire rhymes will want to keep an eye out for his upcoming project, The Fly 2, dropping in February.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.