About a month after releasing the conceptual Booth Shot Lincoln, AMG’s Willie the Kid is back, this time with a gritty, sample-based record called F*cking Toxic. Over booming drums and a vicious guitar riff provided by Lee Bannon, Willie spits an all-out stream of consciousness flow, pretty much going wherever his crazy rhymes take him. Check the impossible transition: “the game lookin’ edible enjoyin’ every morsel / of course keep it coarse like pubic hair, brillo pad / blowin’ through this paper, memo pad.” One can only applaud. Next is the Alchemist, contributing an equally flow-tastic verse that resembles a really long and angry run-on sentence (try to find where he takes a breath, I couldn’t). The flows in Toxic are relentless and possibly migraine-inducing (in a good way) although at times it feels like they just picked up a rhyming dictionary and started picking at random. Still, a promising peek into what Willie has in store for 2011. Those who enjoy the Michigan emcee’s rapid fire rhymes will want to keep an eye out for his upcoming project, The Fly 2, dropping in February.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.