About a month after releasing the conceptual Booth Shot Lincoln, AMG’s Willie the Kid is back, this time with a gritty, sample-based record called F*cking Toxic. Over booming drums and a vicious guitar riff provided by Lee Bannon, Willie spits an all-out stream of consciousness flow, pretty much going wherever his crazy rhymes take him. Check the impossible transition: “the game lookin’ edible enjoyin’ every morsel / of course keep it coarse like pubic hair, brillo pad / blowin’ through this paper, memo pad.” One can only applaud. Next is the Alchemist, contributing an equally flow-tastic verse that resembles a really long and angry run-on sentence (try to find where he takes a breath, I couldn’t). The flows in Toxic are relentless and possibly migraine-inducing (in a good way) although at times it feels like they just picked up a rhyming dictionary and started picking at random. Still, a promising peek into what Willie has in store for 2011. Those who enjoy the Michigan emcee’s rapid fire rhymes will want to keep an eye out for his upcoming project, The Fly 2, dropping in February.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Real" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.