The Write Brothers’ latest feature hardly qualifies as a comeback, since they dropped off Extraordinary I just a few short weeks ago. But, you know what? I won’t nitpick. I’m just happy to see the duo Come Back to The DJBooth with some fresh music in tow. On this freshly-minted single, beatsmith Dante Davinci lays down an eclectic mix of hand drums, grainy synths and reversed string samples and delivers the falsetto-laced hook, as his mic-rocking colleague, Learic, delivers braggadocious verses. Have the Write Brothers got you under their spell? Then I don’t need to tell you to watch the Booth for the latest details on their Take Flight LP, due out mid-to-late August.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Extraordinary I" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.