The Write Brothers’ latest feature hardly qualifies as a comeback, since they dropped off Extraordinary I just a few short weeks ago. But, you know what? I won’t nitpick. I’m just happy to see the duo Come Back to The DJBooth with some fresh music in tow. On this freshly-minted single, beatsmith Dante Davinci lays down an eclectic mix of hand drums, grainy synths and reversed string samples and delivers the falsetto-laced hook, as his mic-rocking colleague, Learic, delivers braggadocious verses. Have the Write Brothers got you under their spell? Then I don’t need to tell you to watch the Booth for the latest details on their Take Flight LP, due out mid-to-late August.
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Extraordinary I" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.