Just how much can Names tell you about a person? Sometimes, quite a bit; for example, Wriggly Scott‘s alias indicates to me that he probably owns the director’s cut of Blade Runner. (As for the “Wriggly” part, I won’t speculate.) On a freshly-released standout off his latest mixtape, the Dubai-repping producer enlists two of his Music collaborators to spit about the power of appellations to define a person. Backed by the headliner’s hip-swiveling keyboard/percussion grooves, Toofless (aka Ferrar Ibrahim) and Jibberish rhyme about Christian names, stage names, brand names and every other kind of moniker you can imagine. Feeling it? More awaits on Scott’s brand new Back & Forth EP, available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.