Just how much can Names tell you about a person? Sometimes, quite a bit; for example, Wriggly Scott‘s alias indicates to me that he probably owns the director’s cut of Blade Runner. (As for the “Wriggly” part, I won’t speculate.) On a freshly-released standout off his latest mixtape, the Dubai-repping producer enlists two of his Music collaborators to spit about the power of appellations to define a person. Backed by the headliner’s hip-swiveling keyboard/percussion grooves, Toofless (aka Ferrar Ibrahim) and Jibberish rhyme about Christian names, stage names, brand names and every other kind of moniker you can imagine. Feeling it? More awaits on Scott’s brand new Back & Forth EP, available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.