Just how much can Names tell you about a person? Sometimes, quite a bit; for example, Wriggly Scott‘s alias indicates to me that he probably owns the director’s cut of Blade Runner. (As for the “Wriggly” part, I won’t speculate.) On a freshly-released standout off his latest mixtape, the Dubai-repping producer enlists two of his Music collaborators to spit about the power of appellations to define a person. Backed by the headliner’s hip-swiveling keyboard/percussion grooves, Toofless (aka Ferrar Ibrahim) and Jibberish rhyme about Christian names, stage names, brand names and every other kind of moniker you can imagine. Feeling it? More awaits on Scott’s brand new Back & Forth EP, available now for digital purchase.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.