Don’t get it twisted; Wriggly Scott may have chosen the most nondescript title possible for his latest promotional single, but Music is anything but generic. The Britain-born, Dubai-based producer’s first feature since last November’s Brainchild, this cut is a party-ready fusion of the old-school and the futuristic. Jazzy loops collide with glossy, layered synths as Feras Ibrahim and Jibberish of legendary UAE hip-hop group Diligent Thought lyrically evoke such late-‘80s/early-‘90s greats as Pharcyde and the Native Tongues posse. Up-and-coming singer Nora B. Scott lends her vocals to the record’s hook. This nostalgic yet forward-looking jam isn’t slated to be part of a larger project but, if it’s piqued your interest, you can keep your browsers locked to our front page for all the latest from Wriggly Scott and company.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.