Don’t get it twisted; Wriggly Scott may have chosen the most nondescript title possible for his latest promotional single, but Music is anything but generic. The Britain-born, Dubai-based producer’s first feature since last November’s Brainchild, this cut is a party-ready fusion of the old-school and the futuristic. Jazzy loops collide with glossy, layered synths as Feras Ibrahim and Jibberish of legendary UAE hip-hop group Diligent Thought lyrically evoke such late-‘80s/early-‘90s greats as Pharcyde and the Native Tongues posse. Up-and-coming singer Nora B. Scott lends her vocals to the record’s hook. This nostalgic yet forward-looking jam isn’t slated to be part of a larger project but, if it’s piqued your interest, you can keep your browsers locked to our front page for all the latest from Wriggly Scott and company.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.