Don’t get it twisted; Wriggly Scott may have chosen the most nondescript title possible for his latest promotional single, but Music is anything but generic. The Britain-born, Dubai-based producer’s first feature since last November’s Brainchild, this cut is a party-ready fusion of the old-school and the futuristic. Jazzy loops collide with glossy, layered synths as Feras Ibrahim and Jibberish of legendary UAE hip-hop group Diligent Thought lyrically evoke such late-‘80s/early-‘90s greats as Pharcyde and the Native Tongues posse. Up-and-coming singer Nora B. Scott lends her vocals to the record’s hook. This nostalgic yet forward-looking jam isn’t slated to be part of a larger project but, if it’s piqued your interest, you can keep your browsers locked to our front page for all the latest from Wriggly Scott and company.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.