Don’t get it twisted; Wriggly Scott may have chosen the most nondescript title possible for his latest promotional single, but Music is anything but generic. The Britain-born, Dubai-based producer’s first feature since last November’s Brainchild, this cut is a party-ready fusion of the old-school and the futuristic. Jazzy loops collide with glossy, layered synths as Feras Ibrahim and Jibberish of legendary UAE hip-hop group Diligent Thought lyrically evoke such late-‘80s/early-‘90s greats as Pharcyde and the Native Tongues posse. Up-and-coming singer Nora B. Scott lends her vocals to the record’s hook. This nostalgic yet forward-looking jam isn’t slated to be part of a larger project but, if it’s piqued your interest, you can keep your browsers locked to our front page for all the latest from Wriggly Scott and company.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.