I don’t know if a gaggle of underground flame-spitters gathering on one dope ensemble cut can be considered “groundbreaking,” but one thing’s for damn sure: it doesn’t happen nearly often enough. Thus, though turkey day’s come and gone, we can all be thankful for Wrekonize‘s latest offering, an all-star remix of A Soiree for Skeptics standout cut Groundwork. As on the original, Procussions beatsmith Stro the 89th Key mans the boards, crafting an organ-led backdrop for the hyperkinetic lyricism of the ¡MAYDAY! member and his peers. Lending a hand on the guest tip are West Coast veteran Ras Kass (also appearing on producer Hazardis Soundz’ Booth debut, featured tonight), Boston’s Akrobatik,Cali buzzmaker Co$$ and Miami representatives Rudi Goblen and Saheed. With a lineup this talented, it’d be easier to quote one of the record’s few wack lines than to settle on a favorite… but that’d just be mean so, as usual, I’ll leave it to readers settle the score. Those who like what they’re hearing can find the original version of Groundwork and much more on Wrekonize’s debut solo mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 11/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out To Get Me ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.