The transition from battle emcee to full-fledged artist can sometimes prove to be a difficult move for most (cough, Jin), but the product of Miami’s Wrekonize is turning out to be quite impressive. Out To Get Me is Wrekonize’s lyrical account of his experiences with trifling and two-faced friends that includes captivating production work by Denaun Porter, also known as Kon Artis of D-12. What really rounds out this song is the appearance of mainstream tested; hood approved Busta Rhymes with his ever present magnetic flow, forever drawing the listener deeper and deeper into his tales of treachery. Wrekonize proves that with hot beats and ever hotter rhymes that this Hip-Hop thing doesn’t have to be hard.
Written by Lochy N. on 02/26/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Virtue of Success" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.