The transition from battle emcee to full-fledged artist can sometimes prove to be a difficult move for most (cough, Jin), but the product of Miami’s Wrekonize is turning out to be quite impressive. Out To Get Me is Wrekonize’s lyrical account of his experiences with trifling and two-faced friends that includes captivating production work by Denaun Porter, also known as Kon Artis of D-12. What really rounds out this song is the appearance of mainstream tested; hood approved Busta Rhymes with his ever present magnetic flow, forever drawing the listener deeper and deeper into his tales of treachery. Wrekonize proves that with hot beats and ever hotter rhymes that this Hip-Hop thing doesn’t have to be hard.
Written by Lochy N. on 02/26/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Virtue of Success" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.