The transition from battle emcee to full-fledged artist can sometimes prove to be a difficult move for most (cough, Jin), but the product of Miami’s Wrekonize is turning out to be quite impressive. Out To Get Me is Wrekonize’s lyrical account of his experiences with trifling and two-faced friends that includes captivating production work by Denaun Porter, also known as Kon Artis of D-12. What really rounds out this song is the appearance of mainstream tested; hood approved Busta Rhymes with his ever present magnetic flow, forever drawing the listener deeper and deeper into his tales of treachery. Wrekonize proves that with hot beats and ever hotter rhymes that this Hip-Hop thing doesn’t have to be hard.
Written by Lochy N. on 02/26/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Virtue of Success" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.