On the lead single off his forthcoming solo debut, ¡MAYDAY! frontman Wrekonize took the opportunity to get a little more personal than he has in his collaborative work, rhyming about the Anxiety Attacks and self-doubt he’s grappled with over the years. Follow-up Freak, making its world premiere on our front page, offers fans a glimpse into an equally intimate, but much more enjoyable part of his life—namely, the part that takes place in the bedroom. A sensual slow jam, however, this ain’t. StreetRunner and Sarom‘s adrenaline-pumping percussion and operatic samples set the tone for this hi-octane burner, which finds Wrek detailing his erotic adventures in blistering triple-time verses. Not to be outdone, Strange Music general Tech N9ne showcases his own tongue-twisting flows in a climactic closing 16. The War Within is slated to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, June 25. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out To Get Me ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.