On the lead single off his forthcoming solo debut, ¡MAYDAY! frontman Wrekonize took the opportunity to get a little more personal than he has in his collaborative work, rhyming about the Anxiety Attacks and self-doubt he’s grappled with over the years. Follow-up Freak, making its world premiere on our front page, offers fans a glimpse into an equally intimate, but much more enjoyable part of his life—namely, the part that takes place in the bedroom. A sensual slow jam, however, this ain’t. StreetRunner and Sarom‘s adrenaline-pumping percussion and operatic samples set the tone for this hi-octane burner, which finds Wrek detailing his erotic adventures in blistering triple-time verses. Not to be outdone, Strange Music general Tech N9ne showcases his own tongue-twisting flows in a climactic closing 16. The War Within is slated to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, June 25. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Wrekonize, the Miami rhymesayer who rose to prominence as frontman of Booth-acclaimed live-band hip-hop crew ¡MAYDAY!, is now venturing into solo territory with Strange Music debut full-length The War Within. Preceded by...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out To Get Me ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.