On the lead single off his forthcoming solo debut, ¡MAYDAY! frontman Wrekonize took the opportunity to get a little more personal than he has in his collaborative work, rhyming about the Anxiety Attacks and self-doubt he’s grappled with over the years. Follow-up Freak, making its world premiere on our front page, offers fans a glimpse into an equally intimate, but much more enjoyable part of his life—namely, the part that takes place in the bedroom. A sensual slow jam, however, this ain’t. StreetRunner and Sarom‘s adrenaline-pumping percussion and operatic samples set the tone for this hi-octane burner, which finds Wrek detailing his erotic adventures in blistering triple-time verses. Not to be outdone, Strange Music general Tech N9ne showcases his own tongue-twisting flows in a climactic closing 16. The War Within is slated to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, June 25. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out To Get Me ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.