As a hip-hop artist with a label deal and a growing presence on the national scene, Wrekonize must be swimming in cash like Scrooge McDuck… right? If only that were the case. On his latest remix, released as part of the ongoing #WrekWednesday series, the Panhandle State fave reminds us that there’s “no such thing as Easy Money.” A slow-rolling, brass-laced groove by Booth regular Will Power accompanies the ¡MAYDAY! member as he explores the complexities of ballin’ on a budget. In addition to the cautionary bars of original featuree Bun B, this cut packs newly-added 16s from H-Town eccentric RiFF RaFF and Alabama buzzmaker Jackie Chain. Has the extra guest muscle elevated this revamp above its prototype? Y’all, of course, get to lay down the final verdict. You can find the latter on the artist’s solo debut set, The War Within, released last year via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out To Get Me ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.