Might want to bust out a brace for this one—the rhymes come so hard and fast on Wrekonize‘s latest freestyle that you’re liable to Break Ya Neck trying to follow ‘em. The fifth and final entry in his Thrift Store Halos series, this joint finds the ¡MAYDAY! mic-murderer and freestyle series alum putting his own spin on Busta Rhymes’ 2001 single of the same title. When you’re stepping into the shoes of Buss-a-Buss over a classic Dr. Dre/Scott Scorch instrumental, you’d best come correct, and come correct Wrek does, showcasing a potent combo of speed, agility and aggressive lyrical wit over the iconic, Red Hot Chili Peppers-interpolated beat. For more from Wrekonize and his ¡MAYDAY! colleagues on their Thrift Store Halos EP, available for preview and digital purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out To Get Me ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.