Might want to bust out a brace for this one—the rhymes come so hard and fast on Wrekonize‘s latest freestyle that you’re liable to Break Ya Neck trying to follow ‘em. The fifth and final entry in his Thrift Store Halos series, this joint finds the ¡MAYDAY! mic-murderer and freestyle series alum putting his own spin on Busta Rhymes’ 2001 single of the same title. When you’re stepping into the shoes of Buss-a-Buss over a classic Dr. Dre/Scott Scorch instrumental, you’d best come correct, and come correct Wrek does, showcasing a potent combo of speed, agility and aggressive lyrical wit over the iconic, Red Hot Chili Peppers-interpolated beat. For more from Wrekonize and his ¡MAYDAY! colleagues on their Thrift Store Halos EP, available for preview and digital purchase right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Out To Get Me ft. Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.