A Durham, N.C. crew,, Wreck-N-Crew make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with a promo single that’s much more than just satisfactory. It’s Okay finds beatsmith Laphelle adding some driving percussion to a sultry sample from Erykah Badu and Stephen Marley‘s I’m in Love With You as crewmates Trie and Sutton deliver agile verses dedicated to a certain alluring female. On the back, fellow Bull City native and former Jamla signee Thee Tom Hardy throws a few hyperkinetic Southern flows of his own into the mix, exhibiting a refined version of the quirky, referential style we know and love. How about it, Booth readers: does It’s Okay surpass its modest title? If you answer to the affirmative, keep it locked; while Wreck-n-Crew have not announced plans for a larger project, we in the DJBooth will be sure to bring you all the latest.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)