A Durham, N.C. crew,, Wreck-N-Crew make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with a promo single that’s much more than just satisfactory. It’s Okay finds beatsmith Laphelle adding some driving percussion to a sultry sample from Erykah Badu and Stephen Marley‘s I’m in Love With You as crewmates Trie and Sutton deliver agile verses dedicated to a certain alluring female. On the back, fellow Bull City native and former Jamla signee Thee Tom Hardy throws a few hyperkinetic Southern flows of his own into the mix, exhibiting a refined version of the quirky, referential style we know and love. How about it, Booth readers: does It’s Okay surpass its modest title? If you answer to the affirmative, keep it locked; while Wreck-n-Crew have not announced plans for a larger project, we in the DJBooth will be sure to bring you all the latest.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.