A Durham, N.C. crew,, Wreck-N-Crew make their grand entrance into The DJBooth with a promo single that’s much more than just satisfactory. It’s Okay finds beatsmith Laphelle adding some driving percussion to a sultry sample from Erykah Badu and Stephen Marley‘s I’m in Love With You as crewmates Trie and Sutton deliver agile verses dedicated to a certain alluring female. On the back, fellow Bull City native and former Jamla signee Thee Tom Hardy throws a few hyperkinetic Southern flows of his own into the mix, exhibiting a refined version of the quirky, referential style we know and love. How about it, Booth readers: does It’s Okay surpass its modest title? If you answer to the affirmative, keep it locked; while Wreck-n-Crew have not announced plans for a larger project, we in the DJBooth will be sure to bring you all the latest.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.