Wrabel‘s first Booth feature, Ten Feet Tall, paired the Island/Def Jam signee’s heartfelt crooning and warm piano chords with the dancefloor-ready grooves of club heavyweight Afrojack. The combo was unorthodox but, judging by the positive reader reviews, it worked. Sideways, the title track and lead single off his forthcoming EP, follows a similar blueprint. What begins as a poignant, unadorned ballad explodes into an four-on-the-floor pop banger at the one-minute point. Jim Eliot provides the cut’s vibrant instrumental. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Wrabel’s latest project when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, June 24.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ten Feel Tall" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.