Wrabel‘s first Booth feature, Ten Feet Tall, paired the Island/Def Jam signee’s heartfelt crooning and warm piano chords with the dancefloor-ready grooves of club heavyweight Afrojack. The combo was unorthodox but, judging by the positive reader reviews, it worked. Sideways, the title track and lead single off his forthcoming EP, follows a similar blueprint. What begins as a poignant, unadorned ballad explodes into an four-on-the-floor pop banger at the one-minute point. Jim Eliot provides the cut’s vibrant instrumental. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Wrabel’s latest project when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, June 24.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ten Feel Tall" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.