Wrabel‘s first Booth feature, Ten Feet Tall, paired the Island/Def Jam signee’s heartfelt crooning and warm piano chords with the dancefloor-ready grooves of club heavyweight Afrojack. The combo was unorthodox but, judging by the positive reader reviews, it worked. Sideways, the title track and lead single off his forthcoming EP, follows a similar blueprint. What begins as a poignant, unadorned ballad explodes into an four-on-the-floor pop banger at the one-minute point. Jim Eliot provides the cut’s vibrant instrumental. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Wrabel’s latest project when it hits record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, June 24.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ten Feel Tall" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.