At its core hip-hop was always about telling the stories of people whose voices weren’t being heard - at its core hip-hop sounds like Worldwide‘s Untitled (Ending Cycle). Directed by Grind Life Films, the Texas emcee’s new video is an unflinching look at Worldwide’s world view driven by a somber Mark Russ beat that’s tailor made for some serious lyrical contemplation. Thankfully, the Bout That rapper responds on the mic, throwing down some old school references (”Life’s a Sam Cooke hook, it’s been a long time coming...”) before closing out the festivities with an even more passionate outro section. For more gimmick-free rap from Worldwide, be sure to check out his previously released As the World Turns album, check for his Wuddup track with DJBooth favorite Rittz, and look out for him performing at this October’s A3C festival.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.