At its core hip-hop was always about telling the stories of people whose voices weren’t being heard - at its core hip-hop sounds like Worldwide‘s Untitled (Ending Cycle). Directed by Grind Life Films, the Texas emcee’s new video is an unflinching look at Worldwide’s world view driven by a somber Mark Russ beat that’s tailor made for some serious lyrical contemplation. Thankfully, the Bout That rapper responds on the mic, throwing down some old school references (”Life’s a Sam Cooke hook, it’s been a long time coming...”) before closing out the festivities with an even more passionate outro section. For more gimmick-free rap from Worldwide, be sure to check out his previously released As the World Turns album, check for his Wuddup track with DJBooth favorite Rittz, and look out for him performing at this October’s A3C festival.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.