Trips to the arcade used to be a religious experience. If you had a bag full of quarters on a Sunday there was nothing but opportunity and bliss in front of you. Once (just once) I threw my skills down on a Mario Bros. game for 5 straight hours – one of the proudest moments in my young life. It just so happens that Brooklyn-based rapper Wordspit shares my sentiments when it comes to video games, but he has no plans of relinquishing his console crown anytime soon. On his DJBooth premiere track, Joystick Madness, Word’s energy shows a young emcee very confident in his craft as he damn near hyperventilates while spitting bar after bar over an equally forceful beat from J Face. Wordspit’s bob-and-weave style of delivery on the track only further amplifies the production’s fast-paced action, resulting in a track worthy of placement on Tekken. If you’re digging Wordspit on this manic track, check his latest mixtape, The Coolest BBoi Stance, out now.
Written by Sigurd on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.