Trips to the arcade used to be a religious experience. If you had a bag full of quarters on a Sunday there was nothing but opportunity and bliss in front of you. Once (just once) I threw my skills down on a Mario Bros. game for 5 straight hours – one of the proudest moments in my young life. It just so happens that Brooklyn-based rapper Wordspit shares my sentiments when it comes to video games, but he has no plans of relinquishing his console crown anytime soon. On his DJBooth premiere track, Joystick Madness, Word’s energy shows a young emcee very confident in his craft as he damn near hyperventilates while spitting bar after bar over an equally forceful beat from J Face. Wordspit’s bob-and-weave style of delivery on the track only further amplifies the production’s fast-paced action, resulting in a track worthy of placement on Tekken. If you’re digging Wordspit on this manic track, check his latest mixtape, The Coolest BBoi Stance, out now.
Written by Sigurd on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.