No matter what hardship and struggle throws at you, “suicide is not the answer.” Just ask Wordsmith, who recounts his own brush with desperatoin on new mixtape single The Limit. Backed by beatsmith Strada‘s moody instrumental, sampled from singer/songwriter Feist’s Limit to Your Love (better known in its more recent version by James Blake), this cathartic cut is just one of many original jams to be found on the emcee’s Prelude to the King mixtape, dropping in March via the artist’s own NU Revolution label.
Written by richard on 01/3/12
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.