Where did Wordsmith‘s paycheck go? As the underground emcee explains on Soul Baby Blues, the latest single off his Chubb Rock-assisted Bridging the Gap LP, it’s a certain alluring female who’s responsible for the lightness of his pocketbook. Of course, when you’re getting the kind of “funkadelic love” he is, it’s hard to get bent out of shape about your financial situation. Beatsmith Strada backs the rapper’s love-drunk lyricism with a beat as groovy as the woman in question, grabbing a sample from ‘60s rock group Blood, Sweat & Tears’ verbosely-named classic, I Love You More Than You’ll Ever Know (too funny not to mention: the ‘68 single features the lyrics,”I can be anything that you demand/ I could be President of General Motors, baby,” That line hasn’t aged too well.). Fans can find this retro-informed love jam, along with previously-featured cuts Back In and Music for the Millennium, on BtG, available now from online retailers and set to hit record stores everywhere in mid-October.
Written by richard on 10/1/09
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.