DMV artist Wordsmith is back with a light and uplifting record called Music For The Masses that plays with the more innocent side of music, and our love for that music. It’s not a track about hustling nor is it a track in which Word is simply rapping about rap. Instead, Music plays out like a sincere love song to the sounds that have affected him so deeply, while piggy backing on the theme of bringing that joy to potential listeners. Produced by Strada, the song is reminiscent of some of Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek’s early work together (Train of Thought anyone?). Music For The Masses also throws itself back to a time when hip-hop was far more simple and less concerned about itself, a spirit I think we can count on to pervade Wordsmith’s upcoming LP, King Noah, due in-stores and online June 19.
Written by JC Poppe on 05/29/12
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.