DMV artist Wordsmith is back with a light and uplifting record called Music For The Masses that plays with the more innocent side of music, and our love for that music. It’s not a track about hustling nor is it a track in which Word is simply rapping about rap. Instead, Music plays out like a sincere love song to the sounds that have affected him so deeply, while piggy backing on the theme of bringing that joy to potential listeners. Produced by Strada, the song is reminiscent of some of Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek’s early work together (Train of Thought anyone?). Music For The Masses also throws itself back to a time when hip-hop was far more simple and less concerned about itself, a spirit I think we can count on to pervade Wordsmith’s upcoming LP, King Noah, due in-stores and online June 19.
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.