DMV artist Wordsmith is back with a light and uplifting record called Music For The Masses that plays with the more innocent side of music, and our love for that music. It’s not a track about hustling nor is it a track in which Word is simply rapping about rap. Instead, Music plays out like a sincere love song to the sounds that have affected him so deeply, while piggy backing on the theme of bringing that joy to potential listeners. Produced by Strada, the song is reminiscent of some of Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek’s early work together (Train of Thought anyone?). Music For The Masses also throws itself back to a time when hip-hop was far more simple and less concerned about itself, a spirit I think we can count on to pervade Wordsmith’s upcoming LP, King Noah, due in-stores and online June 19.
Written by JC Poppe on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)